The Asheville Tool Library is reopening!
We will open on Saturday May 9th, once the Stay Home Stay Safe order has been lifted.
A few important things:
- Reservations only! All tools will be made reservable (you can login here). Reservations are never guaranteed as some items are not always returned on time or need to go into maintenance so please bear with us if we can’t fulfill your request. Watch this video to learn how to make reservations.
- Hours: We will be open normal hours, but have a new policy regarding picking up reservations during the first phase of reopening.PLEASE, WAIT FOR AN EMAIL TELLING YOU YOUR ORDER IS READY FOR PICKUP.We need to give our volunteers ample time to get the tool library ready for our new cleaning procedures and to pull orders together. We have an awesome system for doing this, and it makes it run a lot smoother if we can get the orders ready for you and discuss any adjustments prior to you coming in. WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!Keep an eye on your email during normal business hours to be informed that your order is ready. You will not need to come at a specific time, or right away, just before closing.
Saturday 11-3 pm
Sunday 12-4 pm
Wednesday 4-7 pm
- Cleaning Station: We will have soapy water and sanitizer to clean tools on the sidewalk. All tools must be cleaned upon returning. As with everywhere right now, Please always keep a 6ft distance from other members and volunteers.
- Online Payments!: We ask all existing members and new members to add their debit or credit card on their account to avoid the exchange of cash and check. If this is prohibitive for you, please email email@example.com and we will work something out. Existing members can now renew their memberships online or allow for auto-renewals and new members can create and pay for their membership online.
- Membership Extensions: We will extend all memberships by 10 weeks, 8 weeks to cover the time we were closed and 2 weeks as a token of appreciation to our members.
- Please Donate: We couldn’t bring ourselves to dispute our rent because we love our landlords at City Transmission and they are a great women-run, family owned business that has taken a hit from the Stay Safe, Stay at Home order. That said, we did not bring in any revenue for two months and have taken a hit ourselves. You can support by getting your vehicles worked on at the very reputable City Transmission and/or donating to us. As a reminder, we are a 100% volunteer-run non-profit that uses any revenue to further support our community through our service.
We will continually assess these protective measures and continue to keep you updated of our opening times and any other precautions we may be taking!
The Asheville Tool Library Board