Join us and become a member of the Asheville Tool Library
1 – You can create your Asheville Tool Library account here. Please add your legal name, physical address and phone number to your account and verify your email. The first time you come in, bring a valid government ID as it is required to activate an account.
2 – Payment: When creating your account, you can pay online for a Regular Membership. If you prefer to pay in person, simply create a request account and pay when you come into the library.
3 – That’s all it takes to join! Now you can borrow any tools you need for the next year.
Asheville Tool Library Membership Details:
- All members must be 18 years of age.
- All tools are due back in one week.
- After 7 days, a $1/day late fee applies to each tool you borrowed.
- As a courtesy to other members, we do not offer renewals.
Donate to Asheville Tool Library
We are a 501(c)(3). Your donations of money and tools are tax-deductible – and support your community directly.
We rely on your generous donations to keep our membership costs low. We appreciate any amount you feel comfortable giving.
We accept tool donations on an ongoing basis. You can drop them off during any of our open hours or use the form below to schedule a pickup or drop off time.
We are always excited when more people want to volunteer! Let us know what you can help with. We are in need of librarians to help run the library. A librarian’s primary task is to check-in and check-out tools for members.
We also need help in our maintenance department to help repair and maintain all our tools, including small engine repair (lawn mowers, tillers, etc.) To become a volunteer, we ask for a 3 month commitment, as there is a fair bit of training involved.
Anyone who volunteers for 12 shifts total will earn the status of ‘Active Volunteer’ and gain access to the following benefits:
- 24/7 Access to the Tool Library
- Access to the ‘Tool Library Truck’ – a well loved 1995 Toyota T100 pickup truck
- Supporting Membership to the Asheville Makers just down the street from our location
- Ability to open/close the library on your own for any volunteered shifts
To become a volunteer, please submit this volunteer form!